SUN-01 & SUN-02 Twilight Imperium 4th Edition (board game, 5 slots)

Planning games for particular slots
Kelsa
Name:Kelsa
SUN-01 & SUN-02 Twilight Imperium 4th Edition (board game, 5 slots)

Post by Kelsa » June 7th, 2018, 6:25 am

Twilight Imperium (Fourth Edition) is a game of galactic conquest in which three to six players take on the role of one of seventeen factions vying for galactic domination through military might, political maneuvering, and economic bargaining.

This game can and likely will run 8 hours

I will be buying a couple pizzas to be delivered during the session. I am providing these for anyone who plays, no obligations, but a couple dollars to the cause is always welcome.

While I would prefer experienced players familiar with the lore, I know that is a big ask. If you have played TI3 before, you'll find that 4th edition makes some major changes, but all are easy to grok and improve the game overall (including cutting down overall playtime) I'm more than happy to teach the game, but priority will go to those with previous experience to improve the play experience for all players. I also do request you take a look at the rules prior to the session.

Learn to Play rules: https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.c ... ressed.pdf.
Rules Referance: https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.c ... e_v1_1.pdf

My goal with this session is to take on the role of your faction. I want to take a few minutes before the game to review our factions, and think about what it would be to be in the position of those alien races. One of the biggest parts of this game is trading with your neighbors and the political intrigue of The Galactic Council, and I'd like to take some time to role play out those interactions.

Players:
1. Kelsa

Please feel free to ask any questions you have about the game or my plans to play it.

tonydowler

Re: SUN-01 & SUN-02 Twilight Imperium 4th Edition (board game, 5 slots)

Post by tonydowler » June 13th, 2018, 11:21 am

I'm going to take the plunge! Count me in!

tonydowler

Post by tonydowler » June 17th, 2018, 8:51 am

Shoot! As much as I want to try 4th ed., I've been wanting to try Here I Stand for ever, and I just realized they are in the same slot. :( I'm going to have to bow out of this one.

tonydowler

Post by tonydowler » June 23rd, 2018, 11:26 pm

I talked to Kelsa about this game on Discord. I ran TI last year, and while I enjoyed it, I was disappointed with how little of the game we got through, and I was worried about how that might play out with 4th edition. Here's what Kelsa said about this session:

"the chanegs between the previous TI3 and the current TI4 are mostly minor, except how politics work
I want to encourage tactics and drama more than finishing the game.
but with this addition we can actually get through a full game in 8 hours"

Glad to hear the game length is shorter! Bummed I'm not going to get to try it out this year, but I *have* to play Here I Stand.

Return to “Game Scheduling”