FRI-01 City of Rags D&D 5e (4 slots)

Planning games for particular slots
ChaosRepeated
Name:Luke Cartner
FRI-01 City of Rags D&D 5e (4 slots)

Post by ChaosRepeated » June 11th, 2018, 12:33 pm

This is the first session of a persistent West Marches world (Urban environment) I plan on running across the conference.
I am also looking for other DM's to run it with me. Please see: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=695 for details.

I will running more sessions of this over the weekend and as I said would love other DMs to join in as well.

Players start at level five, you can either bring your own character, or I'll provide prebuilt characters. If you want to build your own character contact me and I'll setup a roller for you to roll your stats or you can use the standard stat array.
Character sheets from one game can be continued to be used throughout the conference that includes in other GMs sessions if I can convince anyone to take part. Anything in the WoTC books is fine, but no homebrew or UA unless you can convince me it's not game breaking.

The City Of Rags is a cosmic horror setting which takes inspiration from Welcome to Nightvale, Magnus Archives, Dresden files, Blades in the Dark, Plane Scape and Lovecraft.

As a taste I have included the first few moments before your character awakens.

--------

You awaken from a dream, it must be a dream right. It's so vivid and clear, you wake from the dream with the shout, cold sweat clinging to your body. As you wake, disorientated the dream quickly burns away until all you can remember of it is something terrible coming, the fear on peoples faces, running, burning pain, then blinding light.
You look around where are you? you are lying on a canvas cot, lying in there are others. A nurse hurries over in seeing you awake, she speaks to you in a babbling tongue. When you state you don’t understand, she nods, drawing a rune on your forehead. Briefly there is burning pain, then her voice becomes clear.
"Welcome awakened one, welcome to the City of Rags", she smiles and passes you something to drink.
"Don’t worry child you are safe, you are in the hall of the awaken, the guild house that cares for all those who awaken here from elsewhere".

You sit up, and look around. Others such as you, as well as other strange creatures seem to be going through the same experience. You have no idea how you arrived here and you having the nagging feeling of something missing as if you cannot remember how you arrived here. It is explained to you that no one knows what brings the awaken here, that they emerge when the black sun reaches it's darkest. Sometimes they arrive on new land, a village or a town, other times they arrive purely on their own sleeping in the streets. Those who arrive on their own are brought here to the hall of the awakened, to learn about their new city and find their way.
The scene ends as you look out of the window. You see a glowing purple sky, with a black sun, throbbing darkness out, pushing back the light from the sky. You look across to see a massive patchwork city, made up of communities of all sorts of creates from across the planes, supported on the perks of three mountains.

So if that sounds fun please sign up

ImJustADave
Name:Dave W

Re: FRI-01 City of Rags D&D 5e (4 slots)

Post by ImJustADave » June 14th, 2018, 11:12 pm

This sounds cool but I'm already signed up for Dungeon World for the first slot on Friday. If other sessions pop up for other slots I would definitely be interested. Haven't actually played any 5e yet, but have watched a lot (Critical Role and games DM'd by Adam Koebel) and REALLY want to play some 5e!!

ChaosRepeated

Post by ChaosRepeated » June 16th, 2018, 3:27 pm

Thats cool I'll be running it through out the weekend.
I dont plan on scheduling them here, I'll just put them on the table you sign up through out the weekend and I have one other DM so far(hoping to grow)
So you'll get plenty of opportunities to play.

Thank you for responding however

ImJustADave
Name:Dave W

Post by ImJustADave » June 17th, 2018, 1:24 am

Good to know! I'll be watching for the sign up sheet.

get2joe
Name:Joe E

Post by get2joe » June 19th, 2018, 1:38 pm

do you mind mounted Halfling Paladins

ChaosRepeated

Post by ChaosRepeated » June 24th, 2018, 1:45 pm

I _love_ weird builds like that, bring on your Halfling Paladins, your gnome berserkers, your half orc wizards. They are the best :)

ChaosRepeated

Post by ChaosRepeated » June 24th, 2018, 1:46 pm

Just keep in mind the small race heavy weapon penalty would be in effect.

Return to “Game Scheduling”