SUN-01 Amber Diceless [6/6] FULL

Planning games for particular slots
MoonSageFan
Name:Holly M
SUN-01 Amber Diceless [6/6] FULL

Post by MoonSageFan » June 17th, 2019, 11:45 am

Amber Diceless is one of the oldest and most influential diceless roleplaying games in their short history, and remains a cult classic to this day. Designed by Eric Wujcik (designer of Rifts, Robotech and Palladium among others) and based on the fantasy novel series by Roger Zelazny, Amber puts players in the role of fantastically powerful godlike characters called Amberites. Phenomenally stronger, faster, tougher, and smarter than humans, the Amberites are also gifted with the power to travel the multiverse, and control reality itself using a power called the Pattern, which resides in their homeworld of Amber.

In Amber Diceless, the players take on the roles of the children of the canonical characters of Amber who feature in Zelazny's work, and play out conflicts between themselves and their superpowered relatives. Amber is a unique gaming experience unlike anything you've played before: if you like fantastically powerful characters, scheming political plots, and near-total narrative freedom as a player, come try out Amber with me on Sunday.

For those who are Amber veterans (either of the books or the game), here's the pitch for the specific scenario I plan to run:
Amber is under attack.

Random, the King of Amber, lies dead by a traitor’s hand. Dara, the Queen of Chaos, leads an army of darkness to Amber’s door. Betrayed by Bleys, Dierdre and her castle guard lay dead, and Gérard grievously wounded. Brand, sensing the approach of his destiny, smiles as he holds wide the door for the conquering horde.

Benedict has convened an emergency council to organize Amber’s defense, and Fiona, Flora, and Corwin have arrived in short order. Gérard lies in the castle medical ward. Bleys, Brand, and Dara march on Amber itself at the helm of an army of demons. Merlin is nowhere to be found.
For now, Benedict has taken possession of the Jewel of Judgment — the magic gemstone that enables its wielder to control Amber and even the Pattern itself, and which confers rulership of Amber. Without proper attunement, his ability to use it in Amber’s defense will be limited, but it will be the safest in his care until the siege is over.
Sign-Up Slots:
1. Tomer Gurantz
2. Star West
3. Aaron Reed
4. Martin Ralya
5. Jerry Ozburn
6. Walter G.
Last edited by MoonSageFan on July 3rd, 2019, 8:57 am, edited 6 times in total.

tomes
Name:Tomer Gurantz

Re: SUN-01 Amber Diceless [0/6]

Post by tomes » June 18th, 2019, 7:00 pm

Sign me up! I've always wanted to play this classic.

starwest
Name:Star West

Re: SUN-01 Amber Diceless [1/6]

Post by starwest » June 20th, 2019, 3:08 pm

So down!

aaronareed
Name:Aaron Reed

Re: SUN-01 Amber Diceless [2/6]

Post by aaronareed » June 20th, 2019, 10:28 pm

Would love to join in for this! =)

MartinRalya

Re: SUN-01 Amber Diceless [3/6]

Post by MartinRalya » June 28th, 2019, 10:21 am

Haven't played Amber in 20 years, I'd love to play it again -- I'm in.

jozbun
Name:Jerry Ozbun

Re: SUN-01 Amber Diceless [4/6]

Post by jozbun » June 28th, 2019, 10:47 am

Room for me?

I had the book way back but no one ever wanted to play a game with no dice 😞

walter
Name:Walter German

Re: SUN-01 Amber Diceless [5/6]

Post by walter » July 2nd, 2019, 8:07 pm

Hi, I'd love to join!

Return to “Game Scheduling”