FRI-01 Improv Warmups Before Your Game [3/15]

Planning games for particular slots
twelves
Name:Karen Twelves
FRI-01 Improv Warmups Before Your Game [3/15]

Post by twelves » June 20th, 2019, 12:50 pm

This event will be a loosely structured workshop/social learning event that probably won't go over two hours, in which we'll talk about useful group activities to do before the start of your game.

Things I will offer: Specific improv exercises I've used before both ttrpgs and larps to highlight a useful skill in the particular game being played, plus a review of some good warmup exercises for spontaneous creativity, collaboration, and others.

Things you can offer: Your own insights on what you do before the actual game begins to focus the players, questions about what you can do for specific games you have coming up, and a willingness to try out some new things!

Note: We will focus on running through the activities ourselves, rather than pontificating, debating, or criticizing. Save that for couch-con. There is no one right answer for how to do this, and it's okay to decide that you won't take all these learnings into your games. Take what works and leave the rest.

We will likely go to the basement game room for this event, or the 12th floor lounge if it's available. Info will be given on the sign-up sheet at the con.

1. W Lee
2. Peter Morson
3. Derek Pounds
Last edited by twelves on July 3rd, 2019, 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RevSpaced
Name:W Lee

Re: FRI-01 Improv Warmups Before Your Game [0/15]

Post by RevSpaced » June 21st, 2019, 10:10 am

I'd love to part of this; Peter Morson who is awaiting forum approval would also like to join :)

Derek
Name:Derek Pounds

Re: FRI-01 Improv Warmups Before Your Game [2/15]

Post by Derek » July 3rd, 2019, 12:28 pm

I'd like to take part in this as well. Looking forward to it.

Return to “Game Scheduling”