Go Play 2007 Games Played (as far as we know)

June 22-24, Seattle University
tonydowler
Go Play 2007 Games Played (as far as we know)

Post by tonydowler » April 29th, 2010, 2:50 pm

Wow, it's really too bad we don't have game lists from 2007. Maybe we can reconstruct it from memory! Post your GP 2007 memories here and if we can get enough, we'll re-build the game schedule.

Here's what I recall:

SAT 01: I ran TSOY "Story Games 101" using John Harper's Freebooters scenario
SAT 02 (not sure of the slot): I ran Committee for the Exploration of Mysteries
SAT 03-04 Playtest of Jason Lutes' Thrilling Tales of Adventure board game with Jason Lutes

SUN ?? Danger Patrol run by John Harper
SUN ?? A gigantic game of the werewolf card game

Carl
Name:Carl Rigney

Re: Go Play 2007 Games Played (as far as we know)

Post by Carl » May 1st, 2010, 12:47 pm

Story Games thread: http://www.story-games.com/forums/comme ... ionID=3427

I ran Dogs, Agon, and Zombies in the Vineyard Saturday, and just watched games Sunday. I recall Clinton Nixon running Princes Kingdom for 7 (!), and someone ran Everway. Ryan Macklin did a table dance in Sea Dracula.

http://www.flick.com/~cdr/rpg/zomv/play04.txt has a few notes on my game of Zombies in the Vineyard with Paul Tevis as we returned to Halloween in the Bay Area to see what Mike Grandy's wife was doing while he was fighting desperately to reach her. Once a knitting needle tastes blood it can't be trusted.

ping

Post by ping » May 11th, 2010, 4:48 am

I put up a couple more podcasts in the media section where people talk about what they played. Here is what Paul Tevis said on his podcast description:

"At Go Play NW (not PaulCon NW) I played Jungle Speed, Ca$h 'n Gun$, A Penny For My Thoughts (in development over at Master Mines), the forthcoming The Committee for the Exploration of Mysteries, Zombies in the Vineyard (Carl Rigney's hack for Dogs in the Vineyard), and Perfect."

tonydowler

Post by tonydowler » May 11th, 2010, 11:11 am

Wow, I had forgotten that Perfect and Penny both existed already in 2007!

lpsmith
Name:Lucian Smith

Post by lpsmith » May 11th, 2010, 1:00 pm

For me, I was in:
Sat01: 'Blood and Bronze' with James Brown
Sat02: 'Spirit of Serenity' (SOTC/Firefly mashup) with John Kim
Sat03: '1001 Nights' with James Brown, Dan Shiovitz, Christian Griffen, Lukas, Lesley, and myself (this was a pick-up game)

Philip
Name:Philip L

Post by Philip » May 20th, 2010, 12:29 am

I was in James Brown's Blood and Bronze game Saturday morning, with Lucian and Johnzo and I forget who else. Then I played the Committee for the Exploration of Mysteries session that Tony facilitated, then I was in on the playtest of Jason Lutes' Thrilling Tales of Adventure. I can't remember what I did after dinner, but I know that John Harper's Danger Patrol session that Tony and I both played in was late Saturday night, not Sunday as Tony's guessing.

Sunday morning I arrived late and watched the Sea Dracula session that opened the day, then I played in Clinton's large Princes' Kingdom session. I may be forgetting a session after that, but I was in the large Werewolf card game that wrapped up the event for a bunch of people. While Werewolf was going on, Wilhelm was running Tunnels & Trolls in the other room.

Ice Cream Emperor
Name:Daniel Wood

Post by Ice Cream Emperor » May 25th, 2010, 3:32 am

I am pretty sure I was in the Saturday morning Blood & Bronze game as well. I also played:

* Reign (run by Clinton sometime on the first day, first or second block I believe)
* The Mountain Witch, a pick-up game run by James Brown
* PTA as run by Pol Jackson (day 2, it started late so we didn't get too far into the pilot)
* Danger Patrol (I think this was near the end of the second day? Reading over the storygames thread it appears it was a '4th slot' game on Saturday. Maybe.)
* Wilhelm's Tunnels & Trolls game (with John Harper, Clinton, Joe McDonald, Johnzo I think and at least one or two others I am forgetting)

That feels like it leaves one slot empty, but maybe I left early on Sunday? Hmm.

Philip
Name:Philip L

Post by Philip » May 25th, 2010, 12:12 pm

Ice Cream Emperor wrote: * Wilhelm's Tunnels & Trolls game (with John Harper, Clinton, Joe McDonald, Johnzo I think and at least one or two others I am forgetting)

That feels like it leaves one slot empty, but maybe I left early on Sunday? Hmm.
If you were in the Tunnels & Trolls game, then you didn't leave early, because that closed out the event.

rafial
Name:Wilhelm Fitzpatrick

Post by rafial » May 25th, 2010, 3:10 pm

Let's see what's in my memory sack.

I played in Clinton's REIGN game. It was a nest of rebels overthrowing and evil king who was married to my sister (who was even more evil). We got mauled by tigers or ocelots or some such, and snuck into the evil festival/ceremony by cooking tasty food and pretending to be street vendors.

Jake Richmond & I and somebody else played a GM-less game of Panty Explosion that involved a very creepy summer vacation, and somebody getting killed in the woods.

I played in Zorcerer of Zo game run by Ed Metheny that was installment 2 of his "Island of Misfit Toys" series. I was a blue rubber frog who wanted to be a real frog. I recall Jackson played a plastic teaset to great effect.

I ran the Burning Wheel con scenario "The Gift", with Sophie as the queen of the Dwarves and Ed as her creepy uncle. There was an elven princess, but I don't remember who it was. John Harper may have been an elf ranger? I recall things nearly coming to all out war over the seating arrangements at dinner.

I closed the house down with the aformentioned Tunnels & Trolls game. JohnH and JoeM engaged in bondage and parkour, and Clinton was an unstoppable dwarf juggernaut who ran through 3 doors and an oak table before being (barely) stopped by a solid granite wall.

I think that may have been roughly the order too, although it's possible "The Gift" and "Mistfit Toys" were swapped around.

edit: I see from the original S-G thread that my recollections are pretty close, but it was REIGN, BW, ZZ, PE, TT.
Last edited by rafial on May 25th, 2010, 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rafial
Name:Wilhelm Fitzpatrick

Post by rafial » May 25th, 2010, 3:11 pm

Oh, and at the Friday night "pre-con", I played Ca$h & Guns w/PT and others, and Blue Moon City with Philip and somebody else.

Return to “Go Play NW 2007”